What happens when I say that word?
Do you tense up? Does your stomach roll? Do you feel like we’re going into forbidden territory – like you’re not supposed to talk about this? You’re a mom for goodness sake!
The truth is you’re allowed to feel pleasure – in and out of the bedroom. (Yes. Even though you’re a mom now.)
Our culture has a tendency to assume that once you start a family your sexy card is revoked and you no longer get to experience the joy of great, pleasure-filled sex.
But that doesn’t have to be the case.
You can – truly – have a sex life worth bragging about, and my friend Janna is here to help.
Janna Denton-Howes is a professionally trained marriage coach and creator of the popular program 30 Days to Wanting it More.
If you’ve ever felt like sex was just another task you need to tick off your to-do list, you won’t want to miss this conversation.
We dive into…
- Why it really isn’t about feeling sexy (and what you want to focus on instead).
- The surprising truth about why men should take a backseat and women should be the sexual drivers in their relationship.
- Why it’s so important you stop assuming that you should just be “in the mood” instantly.
- The danger of expecting sex to look like that scene in your fave romantic comedy – and how to get over this expectation.
- How to want it more – and experience the pleasure you want – without it feeling forced.
What one tip are you going to take away and try with your husband today, tonight, this week… ?
Let us know in the comments below.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explore this topic with us. The more conversations I have with Janna, the more I appreciate how important the work she’s doing really is.
You deserve to have a pleasure-filled life and being a mom shouldn’t get in the way of that.
Sure it might be tougher to make sex happen these days, but remember that it doesn’t have to look like a Ryan Gosling flick. And even if you just embrace one of Janna’s ideas and experiment with it in your life, that’s a great start.
Run with it.
P.S. Did you like this chat? If you did, please share it with your friends.
And if you want to even more tips to help make your mom life as awesome as possible, subscribe by putting your name and email below to become a part of the SweetMomBod tribe. I’ll catch up with you soon.